Dempsey’s Guest House
Dempsey’s is a self catering guest house, centrally located in the tranquil suburb of Walmer, Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape.
Hosts Jack and Kathy live on site.
Choose from five spacious and comfortably laid out en-suite rooms, each with private entrances and kitchenettes. None of the rooms are inter-leading, all are private and separate from each other. All are ‘one-room’ units.
- Two family rooms, each featuring: 1 queen bed, 1 double bunk
- Two twin rooms, each featuring: 2 single beds
- One double room featuring: 1 double bed
One family room is wheelchair friendly. An accessible ramp leads from the car park to the spacious room. The bathroom has a ‘roll-in shower’ with correct grab rails and fixtures. Guests can choose their parking bay; we have a mobile ‘disabled parking sign’ that we place at guest’s chosen parking bay. See our ‘Gallery’ for photos of the wheelchair friendly room. Detailed dimensions of this room can be found on the Dempsey’s Guest House Rates page.
Dempsey’s is close to the Port Elizabeth airport, a short drive from all beaches, amenities, hospitals and shopping centres.
Situated within walking distance of a bakery, supermarkets, restaurants, pubs and coffee shops.
Dempsey’s is approximately:
- 2kms from Port Elizabeth Airport
- 5kms from Nelson Mandela Stadium
- 1km from 6th Avenue Shopping Centre
- 4kms from Walmer Park Shopping Centre
- 1km from Fresh Laundry
- 1km from Life St. Georges Hospital
- 4kms from Netcare Greenacres Hospital
- 8kms from The Boardwalk Hotel and Casino Complex
Dempsey’s Guest House
- Member of: Nelson Mandela Bay Tourism
- Member of: PEMBBA: Port Elizabeth Metro Bed and Breakfast Association. All approved establishments are inspected annually for quality, standards and set requirements
- Listed on: Eastern Cape Parks and Tourism Agency
- Listed on: Budget Accommodation Port Elizabeth
- Listed on: www.disabledtravel.co.za
Dempsey’s Self Catering is:-
- centrally located
- a 5 minute drive to the airport
- a 2 minute drive to the laundromat
- a 10 minute drive to beaches, shopping centres and major hospitals
- securely gated
- Dempsey’s Self Catering offers on-site parking close to rooms
We conserve energy by using a heat pump to heat all water on the property. We use as many energy-saving light bulbs as possible. All our showers are fitted with water saving shower roses. We harvest rain water for use in our laundry; we plan on having more rain tanks for harvesting of rain water to our guest rooms. We recycle paper, plastic, tins, glass. Our garden is completely natural, we don’t apply fertilisers or pesticides of any kind.
We look forward to welcoming you and assure you of a pleasant stay at our Self Catering Port Elizabeth, Walmer Guest House.